Thursday 18 September 2008

Oracle Forums Splash

I got this message at least five times today:


at http://www.oracle.com/splash/forums/index.html.

Having to read this for the fifth time, I was just asking myself what sense do these couple of sentences make.

"Oracle forums is experiencing technical difficulty."

So, what kind of a technical difficulty are you experiencing day by day since almost a month? Furthermore: how long is this going to last? Another month? Or two? Any ideas?

"We are aware of the issue and are working as quick as possible to correct the issue."

Hm, are you sure you are?

"Please try again in a few moments."

Well, I did but it still doesn't work.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Nice to know.

"To speak with an Oracle sales representative: 1.800.ORACLE1."

What should I tell him?

"To contact Oracle Corporate Headquarters from anywhere in the world: 1.650.506.7000."

I don't think they would want to talk to me.

"To get technical support in the United States: 1.800.633.0738."

Unfortunatelly, I belong to the rest of the world.

Guys, if this continues, I will never ever collect enogh points to become a guru.

5 comments:

Patrick Wolf said...

Denes, you are already number one on the forum! You don't need the points to become a guru, you are already one! :-)

CU in SF
Patrick

Anonymous said...

I am so tired of mess. It is one of the worst forums I have ever visited, and that doesn't even include all the problems they are having the last few weeks.

I am hoping someone else creates an Apex forum, with groups/categories, so it is easier to find answers.

Unknown said...

Check out http://stackoverflow.com which has just gone public beta. With the right people joining, it promises to be the Q&A forum to beat all Q&A forums.

Dimitri Gielis said...

I agree with Patrick, Denes.
You don't need to label "guru" from the forum as people already see you like that.

Dimitri

Denes Kubicek said...

Guys,

This was supposed to be a sarkasm.

Denes